|“||「時空を超え、万敵を斬る。」Transcend time, cut down all adversaries.||„|
|~ Shinobi 3DS tagline|
Jiro Musashi (ムサシ・ジロー) Is the protagonist of Shinobi 3DS and the father of series legend, Joe Musashi . Jiro was a prodigy of shinobi techniques and combat since childhood. becoming the leader of the clan at an early age he was trained in the ancient ways of his ancestors in Oboro-ryuu Taijutsu (朧流体術 Oboro Style Classical Martial Arts) and Ninjutsu (朧流忍術; Ninja Techinques of the Hazy Moon School) during the Kencho Period. But after ZEED forces invaded his ancestral home, he was catapulted through time and flung into the future, where ZEED has become ruler of the world. Now he is forced to battle his way through an unfamiliar world and destroy his hated enemies as the sole survivor of his clan
- Jiro Musashi was born in the Oboro Village of Kamakura Era Japan, during the reign of Emperor Hanazono. A prodigy of the Ninjutsu of the Oboro Ninja Clan at an early age, and possessing a superhuman affinity with Mother Nature, Jiro would grow to become one of the greatest Ninja produced by his clan. As he grew into a young adult, the Empire recognized his talents and would often enlist him in daring operations that most would consider suicidal in order to preserve the Empire's prosperity. For his selflessness and loyalty, Jiro was given a golden amulet by the emperor himself, which Jiro wears proudly as a badge of honor for the Oboro ninja.
Attack on Oboro and Catapulted Through ErasEdit
After tracking down ZEED survivors in the caverns, Jiro would find himself in an unnaturally snow covered area, where he would meet a dangerous woman capable of controlling the element of ice and cold at will. Wasting no time, Jiro fought against the demonic Yuki-Onna in mortal combat, and cut her down where she stood.
- But all was not well. No sooner did the monstrous woman fall dead to the ground did a firefly land on Jiro's blade. Jiro immediately knew it was a warning of impending danger as a mysterious light struck the village releasing a devastating explosion that destroyed the village and the surrounding area. Quickly using a Ninjutsu spell to protect himself from the blast, the energy from the explosion and Jiro's Ninja magic clashed, and Jiro would be flung backwards landing unconcious in an unknown jungle.
- A helicopter appears after sensing abnormal energy readings, and upon seeing Jiro, special forces soldiers led by Colonel Sarah Krieger , pick him up hoping to find answers. A firefly lands on Jiro's shoulder, and when Jiro wakes, the confused ninja thinks he's been taken prisoner, and kills the soldiers who brought him aboard, but spares Sarah, who bears a striking resemblance to the lover he lost. Sarah leaps out of the chopper with a parachute and Jiro watches her leave before escaping the crashing chopper.
City of ZEED, Sarah's standEdit
- Jiro descends into an unknown city, and every where he looks he sees that ZEED had taken control. To escape the corrupt city, Jiro battles his way through a swath of ZEED enforcers, battling advanced weapons he has never seen before. As he dashes through the streets of the city, he notices the sounds of gunfire and sees Sarah skillfully destroying ZEED enforcers with minimal effort before escaping the carnage via helicopter. Jiro watches her depart and begins to believe that there's far more to her than he original thought. Soon afterwards, Jiro ascends a ZEED controlled skyscraper, where he is attacked by the mechanized soldier Trickshot. Jiro studies its moves and finds it's weakness before slashing it to pieces. As the machine soldier explodes, Jiro jumps out of the high rise's window, carefully descending as he escapes on the Hyper Transport MG97.
- Jiro fights his way through the transport, attacked by ZEED underlings and battling horrifying genetic experiments created by ZEED. As he reaches the end of the train he catches a glimpse of a man doning a crimson oni mask. As the man vanishes in a puff of smoke, the monstrous Cryoborg appears to battle Musashi. Jiro wastes no time dispatching the creature, escaping the exploding Hyper Transport using its debris to escape into the jungle.
Investigation; An Alliance is Born Edit
- After escaping the city, Jiro makes his way through the Jungle of Blood, but is attacked by an H43 Attack Chopper. Sent into the underground waterways Jiro navigates the current of the waters surfing on wooden debris. After landing on dry land, he finds himself under attack by a ZEED Submarine beneath the water. Escaping the caves, the H43 Chopper appears. Using his ninja skills he outmanuvers it and stabs at the cockpit killing the pilot and causing it to crash. After the battle Jiro trecks through the forest, and he comes across the sight of a ZEED air raid on an aircraft carrier. Deciding to assist the Massive Carrier in its moment of need, Jiro repels the ZEED forces and slips past the security as he stows away on a jet fighter as he battles Zeed Forces attacking the jet he's on while anticipating the aerodynamic changes of the vehicle. As the jet fires a sidewinder missle, Jiro jumps on using it as a means of transportation to the Zeed Sky Base before him. As he infiltrates he takes down many ZEED soldiers before facing a Fushin Ninja. Jiro easily defeats the Fushin and goes deeper into the bases crumbling laboratory, where he comes face to face with its monstrous Super Soldier. As the Anti-ZEED forces' attacks intensify and destroy the lab, Jiro barely escapes and grabs onto the chopper as the base explodes, but begins to lose his grip and nearly falls to his doom before being saved by Sarah. After finally coming to an understanding, Jiro and Sarah become comrades.
Jiro and Sarah Strike at ZEED; A Betrayal UncoveredEdit
- Jiro and Sarah hold a strategy meeting, as the prepare to infiltrate a top secret base belonging to ZEED. Understanding his role in the plan, Jiro goes off to the base, leaving Sarah to hope he returns safely. As the Oboro ninja battles through the ZEED forces, he infiltrates the deepest part of the lab, where he is attacked by the monstrous bioshark Mechalodon. After defeating the beast and falling into magma filled caverns, Jiro treads carefully with Mechalodon still giving chase. Jiro then finds himself under attack by not just the Mechalodon but the Lava Crawler as well. Jiro narrowly eludes the monstrous shark while avoiding the Lava Crawler, attacking the pilot from a distance. Eventually, he defeated the Lava Crawler and escaped the caverns.
Jiro makes his way through the Shadow Temple, where the inner sanctum of ZEED is said to be. Jiro traverses various dimensional gates within the complex maze as he cuts down many of the ZEED forces while heading to the spaceship as it takes off. In the control room of the ship is where he finds Sarah under attack by ZEED's leader, the Shadow Master .Jiro saves Sarah from being killed by the Shadow Master's blade, but is shocked when Sarah's accidental gunfire breaks his mask, revealing Jiro's own master as the Shadow Master's true identity. It is revealed that the Shadow Master survived for 800 years due to the demon mask that he wore, given to him by the mysterious alien known as Orn As the Oboro were abducted to be used to create the ultimate interstellar space army. Jiro, undaunted by his treachery prepares to end the Shadow Master's life. After a lengthy struggle, Jiro defeated his traitorous sensei, but lowers his sword not able to strike the final blow. Seeing this as a sign of weakness, the Shadow Master grunts a sinister laugh before he strikes the control consul causing a malfunction of the lab and perishes in the flames. After escaping Jiro goes deeper into the space ship that houses the true mastermind of the Oboro Village Assault.
Orn; the Sword of the StarsEditJiro goes deeper into the ship where comes face to face with the mastermind behind the events; an ancient alien Orn. Orn reveals that he masterminded the assault of the Oboro Village, corrupted Jiro's mentor, and led to the death of Jiro's lover, who is revealed to be reincarnated as Sarah. Jiro and Orn battle to the death. Despite Orn's advantage of self recover in the ship's core, Jiro emerging victorious. But Orn chastizes Jiro, saying he sees victory but has no idea what he's done. As Orn's body disintegrates, he shouts joyfully "At last, I am FREE!" as the ship explodes. Jiro is cocooned by his Ninjutsu as he reenters the Earth. As he lands back on Earth unharmed, Jiro walks away, presumably to begin the Oboro clan anew.
Jiro is a young man of lean muscular build that wears a white Shinobi shozoku with leather and armor plates. He carries a golden amulet that according to the Shinobi 3DS comic was given to him by the Emperor, and a golden Oboro Emblem on his belt. His helm is modeled in the same manner as Hotsuma and sports the trademark red scarf. Strapped to his back is an uncharacteristically large shinobi katana (as traditionally they were shorter for ease of mobility) that appears to have been passed down in the Oboro Ninja Clan.
As heir to the legacy of Oboro, Jiro is a loyal and rectitude man. Acting in service of the emperor, he undertakes savage missions of stealth and assassination in order to preserve the Japanese Empire's prosperity. He is also seen to be a very loving man, as he stares at a woman, who could be his wife with great affection and cherishes each member as family.
As a man of Justice, he adheres to the teachings of the Shinobi, and is ready to lay down his life for the greater good, but is also intolerant of treachery, as is seen when the Shadow Master reveals himself to be the Ninja elder he was training with that betrayed Oboro to ZEED. Although he was about to cut him down, Jiro is hesitant to kill his own teacher. After facing Orn, the perpetrator of the attack on his homeland, Jiro decides to begin the Oboro anew, hoping for the future.
- It is revealed on a Japanese source site that Jiro's timeline is a completely different one from previous Shinobi games, making Jiro's debut a reboot of the series. Because Jiro was catapulted into the year 2056 AD, Joe Musashi was not born in the 1900s and thusly the continuity doesn't exist with the original SEGA plot, but is an alternate universe altogether.
- The incident between Shadow Master and Jiro mirror Masked Ninja Nakahara and Joe Musashi from the very first Shinobi game; a ninja stopping the ring leader of an operation who by cruel irony happens to be his own master from the same clan the ninja belongs.
- In the Shinobi 3DS comic Jiro's timeline is revealed to be 1256 AD, Kamakura Era Japan.
- Jiro has an affinity with nature, and so every time a firefly appears, it acts as an crisis alarm for him.